Portland Streetcar, Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to assist in customer service and data collection work beginning immediately. The qualified individual(s) will present a background in customer service and interaction, a demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences and references supporting a dependable work ethic.
The Portland Streetcar Customer Service Agent(s) will work directly with Portland Streetcar customers to:
- Provide a safe environment on the streetcar, the platforms and stations, and tracks.
- Increase knowledge about the Portland Streetcar system and service;
- Provide instruction for ticket purchases, bicycle boarding and related issues;
- Administer customer fare and ridership surveys;
- Provide customer service at special events;
- Monitor customers’ experiences with the Portland Streetcar system;
- Report quality control observations and offer suggestions for improvement.
Essential Functions of the Streetcar Customer Service Agent(s):
- Promote safety awareness and education by providing consistent staffing on Streetcar vehicles, Streetcar Stations and other locations as directed.
- Educate and train customers on how to use basic Portland Streetcar services including: routes, schedules and fare system.
- Provide Customer Service at major events to expedite and ensure safe boarding.
- Provide feedback to Supervisor regarding customer issues. Administer customer surveys to acquire suggestions for improving signage, routes, schedules, fare instruments and customer amenities.
- Assist with service disruptions, special events, programs or promotions.
- Perform administrative support to prepare and organize materials and equipment.
- Serve as a positive representative of Portland Streetcar when relating to customers and partners.
The qualified candidate(s) will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of customer service practices,
- Demonstrated ability to work courteously, respectfully and effectively with diverse audiences, including customers, partners and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain a positive outlook during hectic situations.
- Ability to learn basic information about Portland Streetcar, including fare structure and schedule. Ability to understand and follow procedures and directions.
- Availability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Split shifts sometimes required. Ability to be on-call to respond to service disruptions.
- Ability to be punctual, dependable and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please direct questions to: email@example.com
Fill out the form below attaching your cover letter and resume.
About Portland Streetcar, Inc.
Portland Streetcar Inc. (PSI) is a private, non-profit formed in 1995. PSI is under contract with the City, in partnership with TriMet, to provide assistance in the planning and management of the Portland Streetcar. PSI is governed by a Board of Directors from both public and private sectors who represent the institutions, businesses, residents and properties along the Portland Streetcar Alignment.