The Portland Bureau of Transportation is now hiring a Field Maintenance Supervisor for Portland Streetcar. The Portland Streetcar Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day work assignments and supervision on maintenance and repairs of rolling stock (streetcars), Track (MOW), Signal control systems, and overhead contact wire (OCS). This is a unique opportunity as this position will not only be responsible for supervising the team but will work hands-on in the field with employees on techniques, standards, and safety procedures including troubleshooting maintenance issues.
What you’ll get to do:
- Act as an equitable supervisor to streetcar technicians and utility workers including coaching, mentoring, imposing discipline as needed and general employee management
- Track parts and labor in an asset management system and providing reports
- Plan maintenance, repairs, and overhaul of equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment electrical and mechanical failures
- Reviews technical documents such as plans & specifications
- Respond to field emergencies and critical situations.
- Make safety related decisions that have real impacts to service.