2015, what a year. From improving our data collection to a new logo. From temporary closures to Grand Openings. From updated development data to a little Portlandia love. Below are some of the highlights of 2015.
- Installed new Automatic Passenger Counters, allowing more accurate tracking of ridership on the system.
- Reached 1,000 Facebook followers
- Completed the first test run over the newly constructed Tilikum Crossing.
- Our friend the Blue Heron came for a visit.
- Announced a new logo.
- Participated in the 6th Annual Streetcar Summit in Washington, D.C.
- Welcomed Dallas Streetcar to the club of operating Modern Streetcar Systems.
- Shut down service to 10th & 11th Avenues and experimented with new east side to NW 23rd special service for President Obama's visit.
- Began rolling out new logo on the system, starting with the streetcars.
- First ride with passengers over the Tilikum Crossing
- Released new development report finding that $4.5 Billion in new development had opened within three blocks of the streetcar alignment.
- Broadway Bridge painting project began, requiring closure of the Central Loop (CL) for 8 weeks.
- Welcomed Charlotte Streetcar to the club of operating systems.
- Released new route map with completed Loop alignment. Included announcement of transition from Central Loop (CL) to A & B Loops.
- Began updating all platform and on board signage with new map, new logo, and updated fare machine signage.
- Celebrated the opening of the Tilikum Crossing, the completed A & B Loops, and the Orange Line with over 20,000 boardings on Portland Streetcar.
- Implemented long discussed fare increase for Streetcar Only fares including the addition of new Honored Citizen/Youth Annual & Monthly Passes.
- Restriped SW 10th & 11th Avenues creating right turn only and Streetcar lanes to begin improving the reliability and efficiency of Streetcar.
- Felt the love from Fred Armison.
- 6th Streetcar Musicfest held on the A & B Loops. 15 bands played sets on board Streetcar around the Central City.
- Implemented signal improvements at SW 4th & Harrison allowing Streetcar to travel in both directions through the intersection, further improving the efficiency of Streetcar.
- Flooding on Halloween interrupted Streetcar service.
- Released results from extensive rider survey, giving us the most complete look at who our riders are, and why they ride.
- New Portland Streetcar logo won a national award for Best Visual Identity in the travel & leisure sector from Transform Magazine.
- New traffic signals installed and activated on NW 10th & 11th Avenues at NW Couch, further improving Streetcar efficiency and timing.
2015 was a year of change and growth. Thank you for riding! We look forward to many more adventures in 2016.