2015 was a year of growth and change for Portland Streetcar and we are continuing that momentum into 2016. Since first opening service from NW 23rd Avenue to Portland State University in 2001, PBOT and Portland Streetcar, Inc. have worked together to continuously fine tune and improve the efficiency and reliability of Portland Streetcar. Work was done to improve signal timing and sequencing, improve crossings with TriMet MAX, improve scheduling to better align the overlapped service, create a couplet in the Pearl District on Lovejoy and Northrup to reduce congestion in the PM peak, and improve signage related to parking next to the alignment. Throughout the process discussions have been had at many levels about the next phase in improving service, both for the safety concerns and to improve reliability of service.
Portland Streetcar's new logo won Gold for Best Visual Identity from the travel & leisure sector at the Transform Awards North America. A big thank you to Spoke Branding and everyone else who participated in this effort!
2015, what a year. From improving our data collection to a new logo. From temporary closures to Grand Openings. From updated development data to a little Portlandia love. Below are some of the highlights of 2015.
- Installed new Automatic Passenger Counters, allowing more accurate tracking of ridership on the system.
- Reached 1,000 Facebook followers
- Completed the first test run over the newly constructed Tilikum Crossing.
- Our friend the Blue Heron came for a visit.
- Announced a new logo.
- Participated in the 6th Annual Streetcar Summit in Washington, D.C.